02.03.06

WoodburnVillage.Net/Blog

Posted in Uncategorized at 7:49 pm by Richard Sweetland

My name is Richard Sweetland and I am the WoodburnVillage.Net/Blog Administrator. The purpose of this site is to give people the opportunity to discuss their concerns about Woodburn Village in an open form. Please limit your comments to the subject of Woodburn Village, and please keep all comments civil.

You do NOT have to be a registered user to use this blog site.

To read the comments or to leave your own comment; please click on the Comments button below.

Sweetland@woodburnvillage.net

88 Comments »

1. Richard Sweetland said,

April 4, 2006 at 2:30 am

Many people want Woodburn Village to have a web site.  Even you said “we need a site for Woodburn,”.  About a year ago I recommended that “Management” create a website for Woodburn Village. Some people said that it could not be done.  So I did it to prove that it can be done.

As for “competition with Woodburn”, I did not know that there was/is/will be another web site for Woodburn. If there ever is another site for Woodburn then I will create a link to this other site.

I agree that there should be more information on this site.  In my opening page I said, “This site is still under construction.”  If someone is willing to give me some information about Woodburn Village (like bylaws, rules, resolutions, news letters, etc.) in an electronic format (MS Word, Word Perfect,  text, etc.); then I would be glad to add it to this site. If someone is willing to give me some “apropriate type pictures” then I would be glad to add these to this site. Any help that I receive will be appreciated.

I created an “unofficial” site because I believe that there is a need for a site for Woodburn.  And, I believe that “Management” was not willing and/or able to create an “official” site.

My degree is in Electronics Engineering not Web Site Design. I agree that a Professional Web Site Designer can probably do a better job of creating a web site “in a more professional way” than I can. But, I believe that what I have is better than nothing. So I did it, even though I am not trained to do it, because no one else was willing to do it.  If you can find a Professional Web Site Designer who is willing to prepare and maintain a web site for Woodburn Village for FREE, then I would encourage you to do so.  However, in the mean time my site presents a  positive image of Woodburn Village.  It allows people who have never been to Woodburn Village to learn more about Woodburn Village.  And, I will continue to add more information to this site when I can.

2. Hillarie Pinto said,

April 14, 2006 at 3:08 pm

I think that having a website for Woodburn is a great idea (official or not!). It would be great if we could get people to start using it to advertise community events or services. For example, I am a petsitter and believe that I could be of assistance to many people in our complex. But, I have no way of advertising this unless I pass out fliers (which I don’t think we are supposed to do?).

It would also be a benefit to the condominium if they chose to make this site “official”. They could post notices here, rather than dropping off fliers at everyone’s doors and wasting so much time!

3. Margot said,

May 4, 2006 at 3:27 am

Of course that what you have is better than nothing!!! I am glad to see that someone decided to create a web site for Woodburn. I hope everybody participates, one way or another, with info or other things for this site :=)

4. Ricardo said,

May 11, 2006 at 6:18 pm

HI I BEEN LIVING AT WOODBURN VILLAGE NOW FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW I REALLY LIKE IT BUT I HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS I WANTED TO ASK.
    Security

WHY IS THERE NO SECURITY AT THE APARTMENTS, WE SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE LIKE ON THE DOORS TO GET INTO THE APARTMENTS ANOTHER LOCK THAT WE WOULD NEET TO OPEN THE DOOR TO GET IN AS AN EXTRA SECURITY. ALSO WE SHOULD HAVE SECURITY CAMERAS IN EVERYBULDING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN THE ENTRACE AND ON THE FLOORS ALSO IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. BASICALLY WE SHOULD HAVE SOME SECURITY IN THE BULDINGS CAN YOU PLEASE ADDRESS THIS OR GIVE US MORE SECUITY THANKS.

5. Mario Panlilio said,

June 14, 2006 at 10:04 pm

We received by postal mail concerning the 2006 Annual meeting. The postage cost $.63 We prefer – if given the choice – to have receive the information by leaving it outside the door. Multiply the number of residents who select this option- and you can save lots and lots of money.

6. Mario Panlilio said,

June 17, 2006 at 12:30 am

Another way of saving postage (stamp) is by sending correspondence by e-mail and inserting all information as an attachment. This is possible for those who accept this method.

7. Bruce Winkelmann said,

August 5, 2006 at 4:04 pm

Parking? What parking? I am making a big assumption here that the numbers spaces without the word RESERVE on them are free spaces.

Anybody know?

It would be nice if they had explained this new numbering procedure and what it means. Not just here’s your new number go find/look the map. I not even sure that this is correct because there are four or five spaces without numbers. So what the deal? Anybody know?

I re-read all the bulletins but none of them stated how the free spaces were going to be marked. A different color or blank would have made a lot more sense.

8. woodburn resident said,

August 7, 2006 at 1:34 am

# only = open parking for permit holders and visitor permit holders?

FYI: the diamond shaped parking permit was taken out of my back window. aka stolen. Quite surprised!

I informed mgt, I’ll use visitors pass until October when a NEW system will be implemented (?)

9. Boyle Stuckey said,

August 18, 2006 at 4:07 am

I can’t believe how negative the first comment was. Mr. Sweetland, I commend you on the effort and time (and money to register the domain name) you took to create this site. I also commend you on your very professional response to the first comment.

Like the other comment said, “A website is better then no site”. I also say that you have to start somewhere. Thanks for taking the initiative Mr. Sweetland.

10. Tony Ski said,

August 23, 2006 at 5:14 am

I’ve been living in this communitiy since 2000. Truly i’d say they have really bad management and secuirty.

1. At least we try to acknowledge then by addressing to create a site. Finally, there are someone speaking up and defend themself without willing to help our community.

2. Looking back last couple years. How many car stolen & broken inside are there ? and found no evidence ?? why was that happend ?

3. Reported to the management, how long would it be taken to resolve problems ? around a year ? ( happened to my case ) unless you push them , hopefully it gets done faster.

4. I myself really appreciated for creating this website, so that i could have our comment to them & Considering the fact we ‘ve had right now. ” UNOFFICEAL SITE STILL ALWAYS BETTER THAN NO SITE ? ASHAMED * 9*

11. another resident said,

September 6, 2006 at 11:03 pm

Have to say I am divided about living here so far – building is great, location is great, management is…not so great.

Seems there are cigarette butts and trash being tossed onto the patio of our ground-floor unit from a couple stories above. I go talk to the person above us, and he says it’s the people on the top floor doing it, and that’s he’s talked to management about it for quite a while and they’ve done nothing.

What’s the deal here? Is the management not concerned about the grounds looking trashy and a possible fire hazard? As much as I hate to, my next step will be to call the county about possible fire code violations if it doesn’t get resolved – i’ve had to put up with a ton of misery in the last couple places i’ve lived, and i’ve just about had it with inconsiderate residents being ignored….Not to mention wishing to avoid having the building torched if a lit cigarette catches some of the plants on fire.

12. Scott said,

September 18, 2006 at 7:01 pm

Pretty interesting discussion going on. I think all that left comments should go to the makeup annual meeting on the 19th at the community center and raise your questions to the elected board members. It’s the board who has the true power over the community and how it’s operated. There should be an announcement over your mailboxes in your foyer. Keep the open discussion going.
    Richard, maybe you should share this discussion with Ed, our community manager.

13. another resident said,

September 21, 2006 at 6:25 pm

Just want to follow up and say the situation I referenced earlier is (hopefully) resolved – though it took almost a week of emailing back and forth, along with providing about 25 various pictures of the trash and having the offending people fined by management at least once.

While i’m grateful that someone finally took action, it shouldn’t have been allowed to progress this far – we’re talking easily over a hundred used cigarettes out in the dirt, and at least twice where they were still burning after landing. I shouldn’t have to make myself a pain in the arse to the management staff to get clear violations of the bylaws and fire hazards taken care of…my initial complaint was followed by a useless non-specific warning flier left to everyone in the building, which instead of helping apparently incited the offenders to dump even more trash on the ground.

I understand management’s wish not to come accross as draconian, but wasting time hoping people will indirectly get the hint and stop breaking the rules isn’t helping anyone – they should be warned specifically and directly, and subject to immediate action if they remain disruptive.

14. Woodburn Resident said,

December 7, 2006 at 7:26 pm

To all Woodburn Residents,

Spread the word! There is a move afoot to move a Fairfax City Homeless Shelter, the Lamb Shelter, from the City of Fairfax to 2924 Telestar Court (behind the McDonald’s near Yorktown Shopping Center on Gallows Rd) without overnight accomodations. To sign the petition, please follow the link – it houses all the facts that have been collected so far – http://www.merrifieldcitizens.com/

Anyone who lives in FFX county can sign the petition so if you know anyone else that would be interested in signing please pass it along. Please consider sending your concerns to Supervisor Smyth, Commissioner Lawrence, and Delegate Scott, and Bob Sission to oppose the move. Their email addresses are at http://www.merrifieldcitizens.com/takeactionhelpfight.html

Primary issues include:
    • The US Constitution states there is to be a separation of Church and State. If the Lamb Shelter is affiliated with several religious organization and is not City owned shelter, then the fact that the City is purchasing a facility for the center is extremely inappropriate.
    • Why is the city willing to spend more than 1 million dollars over the market value of the property? This appears to be gross misuse of tax payer dollars.
    • If the purpose of the center is to help rehabilitate homeless citizens than the ~2 million dollars used to purchase the center should be spent on providing education, job skills, and affordable housing. Additionally as the Lamb Center notes many individuals who use the center have a mental illness this money could be more effectively spent hiring licensed psychiatrists and psychologists who could provide treatment and stabilization.
    • The Lamb Center does not provide a solution for one of the most pressing needs of their recipients – shelter. Operating a facility during prime working hours and then providing sleeping bags for them to use at night around the facility is irresponsible. Again the funding being used to purchase the proposed facility should either be used to locate affordable housing, provide access to drug/alcohol in-patient centers or to expand current shelters that provide sleeping quarters.
    • Moving the center from a current industrial area to residential area that houses over 10,000 school age children where 2 bus stops are several yards away and there are 3 schools within 1 mile is unconscionable. I’d be curious to see how you would feel if the center was moved directly across the street from your home and the operating hours coincide directly with when your children are waiting for their school bus or walking to their school.
    • Bob Wyatt, Executive Director of the Lamb Center was quoted in the Connection Newspaper as saying the current location was “not a good idea” due to its proximity to 7-11 and other stores which sell alcohol. The proposed site in Merrifield has a 7-11 within walking distance and is two blocks from an Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) store, two bars, a grocery store, CVS and multiple gas stations all selling alcohol. It appears as though the committee that is proposing this move did not perform any research on the area where they would like to move the facility as it contradicts Bob Wyatt’s statements.

15. Resident said,

December 18, 2006 at 8:22 pm

Richard,

Thank you for creating this site. I really like the pictures. I also like the fact that your site is #1 on the list when Woodburn is googled! Your site will hopefully help to bring good attention to our community. =)

If we could post bulletins on your site letting everyone know what’s going on, that would be great. Maybe something like a “moving out” sale, or “come to our open-house” bulletins.

I am proud of the fact that a Woodburn resident took it upon himself to create a site. It is informative, and yes, a graphic designer could have done a better job, but you still get your message across and that’s what matters. I like the responses so far (except for the first one), and it shows that people are looking at your site. I have lived in Woodburn for a little over a year, and so far so good. The only problem is PARKING!! It seems that with the new parking situation, there are less parking spaces than before!

Other than that, everything is great. Please let me know if you ever need help with something.

16. Richard Sweetland said,

December 19, 2006 at 11:28 pm

Mr. Resident

Thank you for your comments.

I agree with you that it would be great if “Management” and others would use this Web Site to post their bulletins.  Right now the only way that they can do this is by using this Blog site.  So if someone wants to post a bulletin on this Blog site; I would encourage them to do so. However, I must put in 3 condictions:

1.  Only ”Management”, owners, and residents of Woodburn Village can post bulletins.

2.  The Bulletins must be about events at Woodburn Village.

3.  I can NOT accecpt advertisements from commercial firms like, dry cleaners, pizza delivery, restraunts, car dealers, Realtors, etc.

Other than these restrictions I will try to keep this blog site as open as I can.

Rich

17. Unit Owner said,

January 28, 2007 at 4:33 am

Has anyone ever address the comments left by Ricardo on May 11, 2006? about security or lack thereof?? Placing a lock on the main door of each unit (the glass door) is a very good idea… Also, can we please have more lighting installed around the complex? There are areas that are dark at night and do not feel very safe.

Anyone care to comment?

18. resident said,

January 30, 2007 at 11:49 pm

Woodburn Village, the wost place that I have ever lived!!!!!!!!!!

The management is awful, the maintenance people are wonderful.  It seems that if you are not a owner than the management does not care about you.
    What’s with the parking? The spaces are wider, SO!!! but there is no where to park when you come home late at night with groceries I have had to park at the hospital and pay.

Thanks

19. Unit Owner said,

January 31, 2007 at 4:50 am

One more comment… what is the deal with the huge white vans with about 500 ladders on the roof and they are parked in regular spaces as opposed to OVERSIZED spaces??? I mean hello!! how much more oversized do they have to be? Does management write on this blog? if not, someone needs to send them an invite….

20. Richard Sweetland said,

February 5, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Is that 500 ladders on each van or a total of 500 ladders on all of the vans.

As my father once said, “I have told you a hundred billion times never to exaggerate!”

Rich

21. Unit Owner said,

February 9, 2007 at 3:58 am

Ok.. I get your point.
    It is about 4 or 5 ladders per van. seriously, aren’t these large vehicles required to park in “oversized” spaces? I mean the majority of these vans do park in oversized spaces but there are a few (one in particular!) that parks in a regular space, which requires the cars next the the van to move over and park on top of the white line and this trend continues..

22. Lives in Woodburn said,

February 14, 2007 at 7:07 pm

I am personally frustrated with the parking situation to a different extent. Although, I do agree with the van parking as well. I have neighbors that have a reserved parking spot, but never park there. They park in the open spots instead. I am frustrated as I work late and get home late in the evenings. Sometimes the only parking option I have is across the street. I really don’t think it’s fair for them to park in open spaces while their reserved spot remains unused all the time. They have a great spot right up front and never use it. Just seems a little unfair, no wonder there is never any parking!

23. Unit Owner said,

February 15, 2007 at 5:09 am

Does anyone from management write on this blog? shouldn’t they hear the voices of the people living in woodburn and respond to us?

24. another resident said,

February 20, 2007 at 7:10 pm

I have to second the parking issue mentioned by Lives in Woodburn. Maybe i’m just being unrealistic, but there always seems to be a few reserve spaces out front of our unit that are never filled, no matter what time of day I look.

Also, I think management might do well to consider using another towing company – so far we’ve had to call twice about someone in our reserve spot – the first time, the truck never came and we had to just suck it up and go to a visitor spot. Second time, I call the truck, wait a half hour, it drives by right in front of me and doesn’t come back. Thankfully someone must have seen me glowering at the car, and the owner came sprinting out to move it. Tried to call them a few days ago to spend 10 minutes hauling my car out of the frozen tomb that is a non-cleared parking space, and they wanted $150!

25. Frustrated resident said,

February 24, 2007 at 2:54 pm

I am curious as to why the person that lives about me is allowed to have a wood floor?
    I have complained to the offfice .
    They have inspected his place twice.
    They informed me that the the apartment has carpet.
    Did they really look?
    I still hear the person pacing back and forth in his bedroom that
    sounds like he is in the room with me, and in his hallway as well.
    Isn’t there some kind of rule here about a certain percentage of the
    floor needs to be covered?
    Does the management read anything on here or listen to what the residents
    say? I think they are completely useless or either they just don’t care.
    I would like to have one of them spend a couple of nights in my place
    being annoyed by the person above me.

26. Happy Resident said,

March 23, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

Even though parking continues to be a nightmare, it helps that there are wonderful people currently working in the office. They have been extremely helpful over these past few months.

I want to send a special thanks to Liz and Garylea. They are wonderful!

27. Interested Resident said,

April 12, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Hello Everyone,
    I had a question… I called up the USP (Unit Service Program) at night (had an emergency for which they needed to come over), the engineer only came an hour and a half later, stayed for 15 minutes (fixed everything), and then they send me a bill for 2 hours of work?
    They tell me that the way the USP overtime rate works is that once I call in, the clock starts ticking… I mean no matter where you live, it doesn’t take you 1.5 hours to go to the condo to do the work? And if it does, then you should either move closer or change jobs…
    Does anyone know where these engineers live? I think his name was Nicholi?
    Thanks,
    -Interested Resident

28. Lives in Woodburn said,

April 24, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I am interested in the by-laws as well that Frustrated Resident touches on. My fiance and I have been wondering about the residents above us. They NEVER sleep it seems. We have been living in Woodburn for about a year and a half. They are constantly walking around. Bedroom, hallway, living room, and it really sounds like they are right there next to you. They do it all hours of the night, (day I’m unsure of, as we both work). The first few months we didn’t sleep much, but now we just fall asleep to it. At least once a week (sometimes more), we will get a loud thud that will sound like they are coming through out ceiling and make us jump out of our sleep. These usually happen at like 2 or 3am.

We have tried talking to them, but it has, put a strain on the relationship, they think we are nosey and are crazy with our requests.

Any suggestions in dealing with VERY loud neighbors?

29. resident said,

May 21, 2007 at 11:07 am

To the resident that complained about the neighbors above them.
    I feel your pain. I have had the same problem since I moved in. This is only one person above me with wood floors.(and little scatter rugs) He constantly paces, drops things on the floor, slams drawers and whatever else he can do to make noise. He has even told me that he hears things above him but he’s on the top floor???
    It sounds as thought he is in the room with me, and has awakened me out of my sleep.
    Write as many letters as you can about them to the management and eventually they will do something about it. Might take awhile but keep at it!

30. Virginia Ga said,

May 29, 2007 at 6:44 am

Hello. This is a wonderful site. I was thinking of renting here. After viewing all the pictures of the complex, floorplans, and reading all the comments, I have a better picture of Woodburn Village than a vague “for rent” ad without any pictures.

Its a great site.

31. Resident 88 said,

June 21, 2007 at 6:50 pm

How does the recycling system work at Woodburn? If anyone could clue me in, that would great! Thanks.

32. Matt said,

June 26, 2007 at 4:50 pm

Pool Issues – The pool is uncontrolled…the life guards do not patrol at all…and someone is going to get hurt. Yesterday, I watched a woman who was sitting at the pool try and lifeguard because the real ones were not doing their job! There are 2 swim lanes in the pool, and people need to stay out of them UNLESS they are swimming laps. I am all for children having fun and playing in the pool, and there is plenty of space for them to play OUTSIDE of the swim lanes. The lifeguards need to be DOING THEIR JOB PLEASE! Just tell the kids to stay out of the swim lanes, and they will get the hint!

33. resident said,

June 29, 2007 at 3:10 pm

Hi Richard,

I noticed that it’s been a while since you last posted pictures. Can residents take pictures and email them to you?

34. Richard Sweetland said,

June 29, 2007 at 4:01 pm

Yes, I would be glad to add other peoples pictures of Woodburn Village to this site. However, if there are people in any of these pictures then you must get a “models release” from these people. You must also include your name and telephone number so that I know who the pictures came from.

35. Freddie Garcia said,

August 24, 2007 at 5:30 am

Need to connect with Mario Panlilio to verify if he is an alumnus of De La Salle College, Philippines. This is in connection with the Golden Jubilee Anniversary Homecoming Reunion in 2009.

Would appreciate a prompt acknowledgement and response from Mr. Mario Panlilio.

Thanks

36. Irritated Resident said,

August 28, 2007 at 10:13 am

The best thing that I have found living here is
    MOVING THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

37. NC said,

September 4, 2007 at 9:51 pm

I have been living here at for about 2 years and every year they have raised the condo fees. Where are the condo fees going to and is it really necessary to raise the fees every year. Why aren’t the owners included in these types of decisions? Also, if I live in a 3 bedroom and someone else lives in a 3 bedroom with the same sq. footage, shouldn’t the condo fee be the same? I would not complain if I would see that the landscaping was better, that we had better security, the tennis courts/basketball courts/ and children’s play areas were better maintainted but they are not and I want to know where our money is going to? Does anyone know? I am close to paying $450 for what?

38. Bad Dog said,

September 21, 2007 at 5:16 pm

What’s up with the AC! Now they started turning off the AC at night because it is cool. By 8:00 AM my condo is roasting. By the time it start getting cold water again it takes till 4:00PM or 5:00 PM to even start to get livable. I pay for the AC in the summer and Heat in winter. And my condo fee’s just went up again. We have thermostats in the units. I don’t think its right that some else decides weather I can have AC when I’m paying for it!!! If this pisses you off as much as it does me, call the office every day! I do …

39. PotentialResident said,

October 3, 2007 at 2:55 pm

My fiance and I are considering renting a unit here. After reading this blog – wow. The parking situation, but especially the AC situation, are daunting. I’m trying to decide if most complexes such as Woodburn would have the same amount/degree of complaints.

We appreciate it…

40. another resident said,

October 10, 2007 at 5:09 pm

“The parking situation, but especially the AC situation, are daunting.”

“Could anyone weigh in their opinion whether this blog represents with fairness the good vs. bad about living here?”

I’ll try to go over the conditions i’ve noticed so far (been around a little over a year) -

Parking: if you have only one car, I don’t see where there could really be a problem. Otherwise, finding a space for your other car really depends on when you get home every day. I get home around at 6 PM, and about 99% of the time I can get a spot either directly in front of my building, or 3-4 minutes walk away along the side of the complex.

I do have serious doubts sometimes that the majority of people taking up the “free” spots actually live here….Either a lot of families here have 3 or more cars, or there’s people with “visitors” here almost every day. Not to mention commercial vans scattered around and parked in regular-size visitor spots every single day. The enforcement of the parking regs is not handled very well either – I have witnessed (twice) a jeep sitting in a visitor spot for 3 days straight with no stickers whatsoever and no apparent sign of a ticket,

AC: no clue whether what the previous person is ranting about is actually true or not, as my wife and I have had 0 problem with the AC – in fact, it almost works too well sometimes. We keep the filter replaced regularly, so maybe that has something to do with it. I guess it boils down to: you should have known there was central AC before you rented/bought here, if you don’t like the possibilities of that, don’t live here.

Cold water: Again, I haven’t really had a problem with this. I guess it’s not as cold as it could be sometimes, but that’s why we keep a pitcher of water in the fridge and a couple trays of ice cubes hanging out in the freezer.

Noise: Okay most of the time. A couple of the families in our building have a habit of letting their kids run around and scream at the top of their lungs (especially when doing laundry), so that gets kind of old…(un)fortunately I had to deal with a much worse noise problem the last place I lived, so it doesn’t bother me much.

Hope that helps some. As far as anything short of a townhouse goes, you could do a *lot* worse in this area than Woodburn.

41. Sick of Bullies said,

October 11, 2007 at 2:21 am

I have been living here for about 3 or 4 months, and already I have been harrassed by several elderly female residents. The first is my downstairs neighbor who complained to the office because she could hear my dresser drawers closing too loudly. I work a night shift and come home at midnight or later. My husband is usually sleeping when I come home, and I am so quiet I do not even wake him. Yet I was reported on for being loud when I do not ever play loud music or television!

A few weeks later another elderly woman saw my dog urinating on some grass near her front porch and came out to yell at me, frequently using profanity. The idea that my dog going to the bathroom on some grass warrants that type of response is ridiculous! She also reported me, because I gave her my name and apartment number thinking there was no way the office would take that type of complaint seriously. There is now a sign in our building saying please do not walk your dog near people’s windows or doors. I find it Ironic that the squirrels and other animals who do their business all over the grass do not seem to bother her. I would also like to point out that she doesn’t own the grass in front of her building, the community does.

Yet another older woman told me that I shouldn’t let my dog pee on the grass near her car because she could slip. Isn’t that why there are sidewalks?

So a warning to anyone who is considering moving here, especially if you own a pet, there are many residents at Woodburn that think they have a right to enforce their own personal rules, and the office often caters to them.

42. Richard Sweetland said,

October 15, 2007 at 3:46 am

Some people have told me that they do not know what the Rules and Regulations are at Woodburn. All of the Rules and Regulations can be found in the Community Paper Works Manual (The Brown Book) that is given to each new home owner when they buy a condominium. However, for the people who have lost their Manual I have copied the part of Chapter Three called Summary of Rules and Regulations. To read this summary please click on words: Rules and Regs on the right hand side of the first page.

43. Unit Owner said,

October 20, 2007 at 7:09 pm

I have lived here about 2 and 1/2 years…. It is nice and I have never had a problem. Yes, I can here the upstairs neighbot walking around, buy hey these buildings are over 30 years old. what do you expect. it’s really not all that bad… i do sometimes here some kids screaming and yelling around the halls, but i guess that’s unlucky on my part and again it’s not like i can’t sleep or anything… the big white vans parking in regular spaces does piss me off and it would be nice if we had more upgrades, such as locks on the front glass doors of each building for added security or maybe more lighting around the parking lot. either way, it’s a nice place to live for teh price and the great central location. Oh, also more washer/dryer machines and a coin machine would be cool………….

44. nenew77 said,

November 8, 2007 at 9:34 am

So Glad I found this site. I am/was thinking about buying a condo at Woodburn but now I am giving it a second and third thought. Thanks for all the info.

45. tenant said,

November 13, 2007 at 3:52 pm

It’s really not as bad as people say. I’ve lived in many places all over the dc/northern virginia area and Woodburn is one of the best so far.

Have you ever actually visited the community or are you going by what you’ve read here?

46. Nikki said,

December 12, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,
    Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for “boisterous activity” of the nighttime variety…we have been awoken to the vigorous creaking and squeaking of our upstairs neighbors’ bed in the middle of the night (during quiet hours). Any ideas about how to tactfully deal with this situation? Am pretty sure the floor is carpeted, so that is not the problem…the bed and their movements in it are. Have thought about leaving a note at the door, in order to save them the embarrassment of a face-to-face conversation…Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

47. another resident said,

December 14, 2007 at 8:21 pm

Nikki –

I would probably start by leaving a note – if the other people aren’t complete jerks, they will take steps to quiet down.

Unfortunately, the only noise problems i’ve had to deal with in the past were serious enough to enlist the aid of the police, and a quick glance at the County noise ordinance suggests yours probably isn’t….so other than that, just the obvious stuff -

If they ignore you or claim that they’re not that loud, they couldn’t possibly be making that much noise, you’re oversensitive, etc., then bring it to the attention of the office – from reading the section of the rules & regs on noise, it does sound like they’re in violation.

48. Dulce Obias-Manno said,

February 10, 2008 at 3:18 am

Richard,
    Thank you for maintaining this wonderful website. We bought a unit at Woodburn over a year ago as an investment and were lucky to have such great tenants who appear to like living there too. However, recently we heard about an unfortunate towing incident, where a visiting friend parked in an unmarked space and was towed within the time it took for him to find the resident and place a parking sticker on his car. Furthermore, his car was scratched and stolen from.
    In looking at the comments posted here, it appears that the management has not addressed the parking situation which has been brought up several times. The parking policy and regulations are not consistently enforced by management.
    In this particular situation, I looked up the parking policy which states that reserved parking spaces are marked numerically. So why tow a car in an unmarked space?
    The parking problems also show violations on the policy of commercial vehicles, as pointed out by several residents alluding to the white vans.
    I hope that the Board of Directors can be made aware about the deficiencies of management in the areas reported in this website. Is it possible to forward these comments to them periodically at association metings?

49. Richard Sweetland said,

February 11, 2008 at 1:08 am

Mr. Obias-Manno

Thank you for your comments.

The E-Mail address of the office is CondosAtWoodburn@Verizon.Net
    The Operations Manager is Mr. Ed Trice.

You might want to go to the office and talk to him or send an E-Mail to him.

I know the people at the office do read the comments on this blog site, but they have never replied to any of these comments. I would be glad to post their replies if they would send them to this blog site.

In addition to talking to Ed you might also want to talk to the members of the Board of Directors or go to a meeting of the Board of Directors and tell everyone at the meeting about your problems with the parking policy.

Good luck

Richard

50. Resident/Condo Owner said,

March 11, 2008 at 3:47 pm

I agree with Dulce’s comments. The management office really goes out of their way to show you how much they don’t care. If they are not blowing you off they are saying they will help with the problem, then they do nothing.

If you call to follow-up with them, they make you feel like you’re nagging them. I appreciate Richard’s comments about attending meetings and getting more involved. I have been to several meeting to address the parking situation and how I feel about the office staff. Bottom line, the only way anything will get better is if we have new office staff.

They have total control and if you ask who you can complain to, they give you a random email address, which I recently found out belongs to Garylea (one of the office employees).

I feel helpless and I’m stuck in my condo. I just live in Woodburn and pray things will get better.

This is definitely a sad situation. No wonder it’s so hard to find a roommate!

51. another resident said,

March 17, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Mr. Obias-Manno: Something is not right here. I have lived here for almost 2 years now, and I have never witnessed a towing with the speed you describe – there are not roving bands of tow trucks waiting to pounce the second someone leaves their car. Even if someone called the towing company the instant you parked it would still take longer than running inside and back out. Methinks the truth is being stretched a bit here in order to try and make the management look worse.

You mention unmarked spaces with no numbers – the only such spots I can think of are where there is a road section near the main entrance running between lot sections with parking on both sides….Perhaps your friend parked in such a way as to block the road make a traffic hazard, or let his car sit for hours without a sticker, and tried to claim he just got there after the tow truck showed up, etc.. Seems rather dubious to me. Many residents here seem to think they can treat the parking lot like a sidewalk or their personal driveway, and this attitude is bound to bite someone eventually.

That all said, I do agree yet again with your comments about the omnipresent (sometimes)-unmarked white vans – so many of them are festooned with tools & ladders and are clearly in commercial use (to say nothing of the more blatant examples like the Cox trucks and a couple other companies). Why these vehicles are allowed to take up “visitor” spots daily, I have no idea.

As far as the management….I have dealt with Garylea several times, and I have found her very helpful. Have never had to wait more than 24 hours for a response. Woodburn’s procedures regarding maintenance could use some work though – many of the flyers seem to assume that everyone is home during the day and does not have pets. A lot of hassle could be saved if they could just do some of this routine stuff on a Saturday or something once in a while….Not that that’ll ever really happen, but it would be nice.

“This is definitely a sad situation. No wonder it’s so hard to find a roommate!”

Is there other horrible stuff going on here that people haven’t been posting about? Yes, the parking situation is a pain in the arse, but let’s not blow things out of proportion here.

52. another resident said,

March 21, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Just want to add a followup to my post above, specifically about the towing – just last night, some random person that lives in Woodburn inexplicably decided to park in my wife’s reserved spot, down the sidewalk and around the corner from the building they went in.

We immediately called the towing service, and were told it would take at least 30 minutes for a tow truck. About 40 minutes later, the truck was still not there, and (un)fortunately, the guilty party came out and moved their car while we still had a chance to call the tow company back and cancel.

Same thing happened about a year ago when I had to try and call to get someone towed.

This only reinforces my belief that the “my friend ran inside, picked up the pass, and his car was towed when he came back” story is stretching the truth more than a little. People are NOT paying attention to their surroundings in the lot – the person yesterday seemed flabbergasted when I pointed out where he was parked, and still didn’t see the 2-foot white “RESERVED” until I stood there and literally pointed at it.

53. what for? said,

April 15, 2008 at 10:20 pm

If you are reading this blog and thinking about moving here DON”T DO IT!
    Besides the rude neighbors, the management that does not care unless you are a owner.it really sucks!! It seems as though this Richard guy has some kind of monopoly here. I think people write in just to kiss his ass becasuse they rent from him.
    As far as the management goes they act as though you are annoying them when you call them with a problem. I have gotten the feeling that they wish you would just go away.
    I must say to the men that do the cleaning of the grounds and buildings Fantastic job. I hope that you are being paid well for jobs well done.

54. another resident said,

April 16, 2008 at 5:19 pm

This is probably going to make me sound like a management plant or something, but oh well.

“It seems as though this Richard guy has some kind of monopoly here. I think people write in just to kiss his ass becasuse they rent from him.”

That’s amusing. I’ve never directly talked to him in my life, and I bet the people who run the company that manages our unit would be surprised to know they suddenly have a new employee :)

“Besides the rude neighbors, the management that does not care unless you are a owner.it really sucks!!”

Also amusing, since we’re renters, and the Woodburn management helped us get some rude and dangerous problem neighbors either evicted or otherwise forced to move elsewhere.

“I have gotten the feeling that they wish you would just go away.”

If you have that kind of attitude when you talk with them, I can see why. You’re entitled to your own opinion, though.

55. Nora B. said,

April 25, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I think this site is wonderful but I sometimes feel as though people are exagerating and making this community look worse than it really is. I like living here and I think the management company does a great job.

I think that people sometimes forget that there are only four employees in that office and so many people in the condos!

Give them a break. They are really trying to do their best. They have always been helpful with me. I agree the parking sucks but I guess that’s the price we have to pay to live in such a great location.

56. Active at Woodburn said,

May 18, 2008 at 9:00 pm

To answer some questions about the parking lot – always a problem, everywhere – the spaces are now the legal width, eight and a half feet. Vehicles that do not fit inside the dimensions of the white lines are assigned an “oversize vehicle” space, located in groups around the property.

Upstairs noise, usually from the bedroom: Avoid this problem by asking your neighbors, or perhaps they read this blog, to move the bedframe away from the wall. It doesn’t have to be far, but if it doesn’t touch the wall the noise will not carry as much.

Towing: The Woodburn towing contract with Henry’s towing service is so well written that it is used as an example by the Commonwealth of Virginia. We don’t have rogue tows, as many communities have, and cars are towed nearby. It is just not reasonable to hope that Henry’s has a truck parked on the property to go for the car that is blocking your parking space. That said, it takes a tow driver time to get here – he might be doing another tow when you call. Most of us have been frustrated by this, but it doesn’t make good sense to think that a tow truck will drop from a helicopter and pick up a car the minute you call.

And condo fees? You’re paying more for gas, property taxes and food. Is there some reason you don’t think that the association has to pay more for heating fuel/gas, water and electricity? For guards? Supplies? Salaries?

57. another resident said,

May 21, 2008 at 2:01 pm

I’m not sure if you work for the Woodburn management or not, but just wanted to respond to one point:

“Most of us have been frustrated by this, but it doesn’t make good sense to think that a tow truck will drop from a helicopter and pick up a car the minute you call.”

I agree – while this does annoy me, I wasn’t really complaining about it. I was more using it to illustrate that the tow trucks *aren’t* swooping down to drag off cars the second you turn your back, like Mr. Obias-Manno and his “friend” try to claim.

Very nice to know they are at least getting better at hauling off people who obviously thought they could get away with ignoring the rules for the at least 45 mins+ it probably took for the truck to get there.

58. First Time Owner said,

September 1, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I am a first time homeowner living in woodburn. I enjoy the amenities and location, there are of course several things that management should address. I live between a person constantly remodeling and the karaoke version of American idol below. After speaking with both neighbors in english and spanish i reached out to management for some assistance – and got none. When my ceiling fell in from my neighbors leak upstairs .. it took management 6 months to enforce him fixing my ceiling. So for 6 months i got to stare at rotting wood and mold. I also live in area where parking is scarce and people fell that work vans and cars that have 4 flat tires should be parked as close to the buildings as possible.

I’m not trying to be debbie downer here, but its frustrating to find out that you have rude neighbors and you are going to have to walk a quarter mile with your groceries every week after you spend your life savings to get into the market. Moreover that management doesn’t care. I agree the ladies that work there are great, and are probably over extended, but we all work and i can’t drive back home from DC to sit in the office to resolve issues. Is there a better to handle these types of issues that anyone has come up with?
    Thanks!

59. another resident said,

September 3, 2008 at 4:34 pm

First Time Owner:

Noise – Take a look at http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10051&sid=46 , chapter 108 for Fairfax County noise laws. If violations are occurring, consider getting the police involved, preferably while they’re in the midst of happening.

Leak – I’m no expert on exactly what other owners can be forced to do by the Association, but I don’t think there’s a whole lot you can do at this point, especially since they did fix it in the end – unfortunately, some people are just deadbeats.

Parking – we all have to deal with this, unfortunately, just look at some of the previous posts. I, for one, would also love to see the endless white vans with ladders and business vehicles in non-reserved spots (why the #$$! is a Cox Business Services truck or a van from a locksmithing company allowed to take a visitor spot EVERY DAY?!) forced to go somewhere else and free up space…..But I wouldn’t hold your breath. Just have to roll the dice, I find it’s easier to find empty spots in the early morning or mid-afternoon some days.

I wish I had a quick solution, but for anything to change, there’s not really a substitute for direct contact with the management, unfortunately.

60. Nikki said,

January 12, 2009 at 1:54 pm

My husband and I have been living at Woodburn for a little over a year. During that time, we’ve had some new people move in upstairs over us, with two small children. Initially, it was very loud because there was no carpet. So we wrote them up to the office. A few months pass. In the past month, we’ve had quite a few problems. During the holidays, the kids were home with a babysitter and literally using the apartment as their track for hours at a time (at least, that is what it sounded like). We knocked several times thruoghout the day, but no one answered the door. Finally, we decided to slip a note under the door, politely telling them about the noise and asking if they could at least take off shoes.

This note got shoved back underneath our door. So the next time the running and noise happened, we wrote to the office. Then, just yesterday, their TV was disturbing us. So my husband went up there to ask them to turn it down and got reamed out, complete with cursing. The door was then slammed on my husband.

So my question is….how do we deal with these neighbors? We understand that we are living in close quarters with people and are going to hear noise sometimes. But we also think that these neighbors are not realizing how noisy it is in our apartment – and just think that we are being too picky. I am inclined to just communicate through the office or the police, if need be, since they don’t seem to want to engage in a civil conversation. But it just seems so unnecessary and sad – adults can’t talk? Can’t be respectful of another’s opinion? Anyone ever have a situation like this?

61. another resident said,

January 14, 2009 at 4:45 pm

“I am inclined to just communicate through the office or the police, if need be, since they don’t seem to want to engage in a civil conversation.”

Yes, unfortunately it sounds like this is going to be your best choice. I can say I have dealt with Garylea in the office several times regarding disruptive neighbors, and she has helped out quite a bit.

Generally, the laws about noise violations don’t kick in until after certain times late at night (9-10ish probably, I don’t know exactly) or very early in the morning….So the police are probably not going to be much help unless there is actual (or threats of) physical violence occuring.

“But it just seems so unnecessary and sad – adults can’t talk? Can’t be respectful of another’s opinion?”

At the risk of sounding bitter….No, many of the residents here wouldn’t know how to be respectful if their lives depended on it.

We have had (lit) cigarettes dumped on our patio, bags of trash left in front of our door, another resident’s *teenage* son purposefully overflowed their sink because he was bored and sent water into our apt., other residents let their young children run up and down the stairs screaming, people have parked in our reserved spot in broad daylight several times, people stroll down the middle of the parking lots like they were sidewalks. etc. etc.

“Anyone ever have a situation like this? ”

Sort of, in another complex. In the end I tried to talk to the other person on 3 occasions (the 3rd was less talking and more him standing in front of his door and screaming at us), 3 police visits, and at least 10 calls to the management office. Much the same personality as the person causing you trouble, it sounds like.

Life is too short to try and coddle people that think they’re above the rules.

62. Juicy Lucy said,

January 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Good morning,

I am new to the community. We like the area, location and the pool, but there are several things that I can’t get over with:

1. It seems like the people in the office treat you like you are renting their property. There is no respect, no nice attitude that would kind of make you feel like “welcome in our community, we appreciate you and will do our best to make you happy here”… instead, you come to the office and the lady over there eats food at her desk while talking to a kid that is “working there with her” barely responding to your questions. There is a closed office with the glass window ?! Totally unfriendly atmosphere… was somebody hurt in the office that they need to be protected behind the window? Then the office lady can’t hear what you are asking her… Maybe it was only a bad day, coincidence… we are not in a good mood all the time and maybe I am just expecting a little bit more professional attitude…

2. The condominium we rent is nice, however, somebody in that building is messy and we have roaches. I understand that Woodburn has a contract with the exterminators, but what is it good for if a month after the spraying the roaches come back. Once you have one neighbor living above you or next to you messy, you will always have them! The neighbors living below us are like 6 guys, who don’t clean, when they open the door, you can see the mess inside and yesterday when I went to do the laundry I saw a roach on their door. Why do I have to live with these animals? OK if they want to have a mess in their unit, but that mess causes that they have roaches and then it is my problem, because the roaches will come to other units! My neighbor living next to me is very clean and neat young professional and he suffers from the same problem. What do we do with this?

3. Parking – I have never seen worse parking organization structure! It doesn’t matter if you live in 1 bedroom condo or 3 bedrooms condo. You still get only one reserved spot! That doesn’t seem logical. Around our building there are only 2 “not reserved” spots and they are never available. I lived in Vienna, VA in DC where the parking is a real pain, but we would have at least two reserved spots. I am sure that the parking has been an issue in this community for a long time… just what I heard from the other residents.

Out of these three my main issue is #2. I am a clean person and I can not stand the roaches.

63. Nikki said,

January 27, 2009 at 8:19 pm

In response to the roaches…

We are very neat and clean also, and started to have a roach problem a few months ago. Like you, we suspected our neighbor instigating them, because we were finding them near the front door…so they just walked on in and made themselves at home in our apartment!

We called the exterminator a couple of times, put down the roach powder, but to no avail….they were still with us….

Finally, the thing that worked was putting some roach poison gel in high places in the kitchen – like on top of the cupboards. We actually put the gel on a piece of paper and slipped the piece of paper into the crack between the cabinet and the ceiling. I guess roaches like high, dry spots.

Luckily for us, the neighbor with the problem moved out and her landlord totally bombed and redid the entire apartment. So we haven’t had a problem – but the gel in high places was key!

64. Argh said,

January 28, 2009 at 2:31 pm

If anyone from the office is bored and reading this, salting BEFORE there’s a thick glaze of ice over everything might be an awesome idea – 50 lb bags of rock salt are like 10 bucks, c’mon.

65. Gaffney said,

February 12, 2009 at 2:30 am

My husband went out this morning to drive to a doctor’s appointment only to fine that his vehicle had been towed. There was a Woodburn sticker clearly attached to the window and it had been parked in a “free” spot. When he returned home (after taking my car) he called Woodburn’s office. No explanation, no apology, only “I think I know what happened!” He had to postpone a noon meeting, not knowing when he’d have his vehicle back. Woodburn finally called back and said the truck would be returned soon and in fact it was returned. . . only it was then parked in someone else’s reserved spot. Again my husband called Woodburn. No apology, just “Well, did you move it?” Common courtesy and politeness are unknown to this office!

66. eye watch said,

March 9, 2009 at 3:03 am

i live in the community about 3 years, and is sad to say but the place is beutiful close the hospital but everyday i getting an unsucurity place to live.this is just two of the many a can tell , dont want to be compromise but i got neighbor that blast the music whenever they like,and somebody call police them they quit, but next week is the same history or i should say next weekend, and i had other that is selling something , because diferent people is caming in and out , they dont live in the community , different card plates, well is not necesary to be very smart to see whats going on .like i say this is a nice place but people are going to run it. i will comment again on this issue later.

67. ex-resident said,

March 27, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Hi,

we lived there in/around 2003-2005 time frame . i really love that place agreeing with you that this place need improvement and can turn this community into a good place with li’l more effort from mangement side. i am kind of having emotional attachement with this place as my son was born here, and we had very good neighbours with some of whom i am still in touch with.

68. poker play said,

June 7, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Your site is a refreshing change from the majority of sites I have visited. When I first started visiting web sites I was excited by the potential of the internet as a resource and was very disappointed initially. You have restored my enthusiasm and I thank you for your efforts to share your insights and help the world become a better place.

69. It's time to move! said,

November 6, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I hate this freaking place. I get constant complaints from my downstairs neighbors about noise and what not. I live in fear of them knocking on my door so I hardly even move around my own house. Apparently the flooring underneath my padded carpet is so thin they can hear a radio playing in a back bedroom that I can’t even hear in the livingroom. But they don’t seem to care about anyone else when they are sparking up their marijuana on their patio. I have had to endure their physical singing numerous times, their radio blasting, and their never ending visitors going in and out. But I have never complained to them once because we live in glorified APARTMENTS from 1950! Nothing will beat the night I had to fall asleep to my downstairs neighbor snoring and my upstairs neighbors having sex. Sometimes it sounds like my upstairs neigbors are about to jump through my ceiling. I hear their kids running non stop and drop things that sound like bowling balls. I’m begining to wonder if these condos are up to code with insulation…for the love of God they were built in the 50’s and I would be willing to bet they have never been updated. I’m currently listening to someone vacuuming the stairs and hallways outside my condo. But I guess I should be grateful someone is doing that.

My association fees are astronomical, and I honestly don’t see what it is being spent on. I don’t know how many times I have tripped or fallen into a hole in the ground on this property. Mulch is everywhere, not just on the paths, things fall from trees and dent the cars parked underneath them, trash is constantly sitting next to the parking lot. This place is so cheap they don’t bother to pave the parking lot correctly, they just pay to have it painted black. That’s just pitiful. They need to stop spending money on flyers for everyone’s doorstep and just post ONE on the corkboard at the entry way. The news letters are a joke. I hardly ever see any actual news in them. It’s always complaints, lectures, and threats about abiding the bylaws. I’m not sure yet, but have the tennis courts been fixed yet? Cause it’s been about 5 years since I noticed they were a danger.

As for the post I read about a dog peeing on grass…I think the same elderly lady yelled at me cause my dog was SNIFFING the flowers out by the sidewalk that was 15 feet or more away from her condo. She is crazy.

Why the heck can we not get washers and dryers in our own units. I pay a crapload of quarters just to do laundry. It’s the biggest inconvience in my life. I would love to be able to jump feet first into 1989. I would love to know that I’m not washing my clothes and towels with other peoples underwear.

Our storage unit was broken into and ransacked. My son fell on the icy sidewalk and broke his collar bone a couple of winters ago because no one had shoveled or poured salt on it. I’ve had maintenance people use the key that HAS to be left at the office and just walk in my house. Don’t get me started on that.

Parking is horrible. You only get two visitor parking passes…so I hope no one ever has more than two people visit them at a time…unless everyone car pools.

And this is one of the most getto-ist places I have ever lived. Once when my son was out walking my dog an older kid tried to steal the basketball jersey he was wearing straight off his back. When he couldn’t get that he tried to steal my dog. Luckily my son got his leash off of him and ran home holding onto his collar. That was a $50 leash!!!

On top of that my daughter has been repeatedly accosted. Some random MAN tried to get her phone # and get her to follow him. Another man, who lives on the top floor of my condo, would purposefully come out on his balcony when she was walking home from school so he could talk to her, he made her feel so uncomfortable, and he would try to get her to go in his apartment. When I confronted him he said the typical “no habla inglés”. And then one of the grounds keepers would follow her around and try to talk to her. I went up to the office to tell them…God only knows if they ever did anything.

On a side note, I had a friend who was looking to buy a condo. He visited one here at Woodburn, and when he walked in he said it stank, sheets were hung up in separate parts of different rooms so it would be a 7 bedroom instead of a three, there were at least 7 or 8 people living there, and two of the residents (I’m assuming they lived there) were having sex on the other side of the pinned up sheets. How gross is that?!?!?!

Don’t even get me started on the time there was the pervert hanging out on the other side of the fence next to the townhouses looking through the fence holes with his pants around his ankles and his hand doing you know what as he was watching the children playing on the playground. My daughter actually witnessed this and the police were called. They never did find him. One of the neighbors even tried to chase him down the parking lot as he sped off in his nasty car.

In summary, it will be the best day of my life when I move out of this hell hole. I have lived here for over six years, so I know what I am talking about. If you are looking to buy or rent…DON’T! It will be the biggest mistake you will ever make!

70. curious said,

December 17, 2009 at 3:10 am

I was just wondering if there are any types of dogs that are not allowed in Woodburn? Because I heard that Pitbulls aren’t allowed. If so, why is that? I think there should be some exceptions to this.

71. Richard Sweetland said,

December 21, 2009 at 9:02 pm

The condo rules say:

Unusual or exotic pets, such as reptiles, are not permitted, nor are Pit Bulls, Bullterrier mixes, or Rottweilers.

The reason is that more people in this country are killed by pit bulls than all other dogs combined. And, people do not like to live next to killer dogs. All pit bull owners say “but my pit bull is different”. And, when it kills a child they always say “but he never hurt anyone before”.

72. rob22272 said,

January 19, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Woodburn Village is a joke!! about a year ago Woodburn brought me to court because I had $125 in late fees not paid. They had a lawyer call me and tell me we could make a deal as long as I paid $1000 in legal fees. I thought that was ridiculous to pay $1000 for $100 in late fees and told them I would like my day in court. Remind you that this is over late fees, my assessments are all paid up to date. I show up to court with my lawyer to present our case. The Law firm that represents Woodburn didn’t even have a lawyer present just a representative straight out of college. When asked where there lawyer was we were told she was busy, and had other things to do. When My case gets called Woodburn’s lawyer dismisses everything so the judge never hears the case. Now one year later after getting my own lawyer and the case dismissed I have a lien on my property for over 4k…Yes $4000 because of $100 in late fees. I know Woodburn is hurting for money with all the foreclosures etc, but to do this to a paying resident that has been there for over 6 years is ridiculous. I have a list of Woodburn Condo Violations and will have my day in court again. If you are a current or past resident that has any complaints about Woodburn please email me at rc22272@yahoo.com. I am going to make sure this will never happen to me or any resident of this community again.

73. letacs said,

February 7, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I need to get on the roof to remove the snow from my dish, is this part of the snow removal cleanup for the condo association. I am willing to do the work but need access.

74. Lesley said,

August 3, 2010 at 7:28 pm

The swimming pool facility is so wonderfully refreshing in this summer heat!! I would love to see the new lifegaurd Katie working more hours. She does a stupendous job cleaning and watching the water, and she is so personable!! I just like to conclude that this pool is the most enjoyable experience of my summer.

75. Lesley said,

August 3, 2010 at 8:57 pm

The swimming pool facility is so wonderfully refreshing in this summer heat!! I would love to see the new lifegaurd Katie working more hours. She does a stupendous job cleaning and watching the water, and she is so personable!! I always look forward to my regular weekly swim after work. I just like to conclude that this pool is the most enjoyable experience of my summer.

76. Lesley said,

August 29, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I looovvvve the Aussie guards Ben and Nathan! It is a pleasure to see them every time I enjoy the pool facilities. Keep up the good work guys! I hope I will see them back next summer!!

77. kinda Frighten said,

December 3, 2010 at 2:50 am

I like woodburn but i don’t feel safe because there’s people when i say people i mean crazy teenagers they carry dangerous weapon. I was walking my dog and I found a Knife and a GUN!! i didn’t pick it up cause i was too scared and i dunno where it came from!! Please we need more security. ANd also theres too many beer Bottles!

78. TK said,

February 15, 2011 at 9:43 pm

actually, i am quite glad someone put out somekind of a website because i have been looking at and driving by this condo complex for years. over 10 years to be exact. I work at fairfax hospital and would love to have moved to this place but didn’t know how…no info about it on the internet. I thought it was a lost cause….but then…i found this today. wow. now i can search to find my new condo if and when it comes available at woodburn. thanks to mr sweet person who did this site. can’t wait to find me a place to stay..this is great

79. ellen said,

June 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm

i just move in recently. Just let you are aware of the situation.
    Outside the parking lot,and the walkway to the building area are dirty (trash, water bottle,) everywhere.
    Make this place look better

80. R Miller said,

October 3, 2011 at 1:45 am

Warning: Condo management will tow your car even if you pay for parking permit and pay rent on time! I just had my car towed on Sunday afternoon. I am renter and pay for parking pass. Towing company claims condo management called them and said tow any car with old pass–problem was no one gave me any advanced notice that they changed parking passes. Also no staff was in office when they decided to start towing. I will NOT renew my lease, and recommend all stay away from this complex!

81. Marcy said,

November 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hi,
    I just checked into Verizon’s Fios –TV-Internet-Telephone-very good price. The condos are not connected yet. The office said the board approved Fios. Anyone know anything more? Board members–when when will it become available? Do we have to do anything to hurry it along?

82. herbalife said,

November 14, 2011 at 12:46 am

Good day I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I donít have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great job.

83. herbalife said,

November 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog so i got here to “return the prefer”.I am attempting to in finding issues to enhance my website!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!!

84. Energia tanúsítvány said,

December 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Lakás zöldkártya…

[...]we like to honor other sites on the web, even if they aren’t related to us, by linking to them. Below are some sites worth checking out[...]…

85. MAUDIE SUHLING said,

January 26, 2012 at 6:44 pm

i love this session! gorgeous photos!

86. Mya Calhoon said,

April 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I really enjoy the article post.Much thanks again. Much obliged.

87. woodburn owner said,

October 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I am a 11+ year owner of a condo at Woodburn. They required new parking permit stickers to be put on your car by October 1st. In the past 11 or so years they have given a grace period and would leave a warning on your car. Well today October 3rd (2 days after), I come out to leave for work and my car was gone from my space. Come to find out it was towed because I still had the old permit sticker on. So I had to take a cab to the tow place and pay $150 to get it out. Then I find a note on my car from Woodburn from 3:00 AM telling me they were going to tow it at 3:30 AM. Wow thanks for the 30 minute warning in the middle of the night. Seems as if they are out to get you. Woodburn must be getting some kind of kick back from the towing company to pull that on an Owner. Why not give me a warning in the morning saying if I don’t have a new permit by the end of the day it will be towed? Because they wouldn’t make any money! Shouldn’t they spend their time towing people illegally parked there with no permit or guess pass? I had a permit and was in MY OWN SPACE. So now I am out $160 plus had to miss a half day of work. As you can see I’m pretty bent out of shape about this. Shame on you Woodburn.

88. Tommy said,

November 25, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Worse place to live!
    They WILL tow cars that don’t have parking pass but WON’T tow car/motorcycle that have been sitting there for months with covers over them. In the “Woodburn Rules and Regulation” they said if a car is covered or parked in a visitor spot for several weeks, with be towed right away. Um….Hello I don’t see you ppl at the office doing anything. I pay HOA fee every month for this piece of crap. All you do is clean the neighborhood when its still look the same.

DO NOT LIVE HERE THEY ARE THEIVES THEY DONT DO ANYTHING HERE!