the CONDOMINIUMS at WOODBURN
Woodburn Village Condominium UOA
3380 Woodburn Road
• Annandale, Virginia 22003
703.698-1050 • Fax 703.698-9727
April 2, 2007
Dear Condominiums at Woodburn Owners and Renters:
The Association office is preparing for this year's swimming pool season, which officially begins on Saturday, May 26 T. New season passes will be required for all residents regardless of age.
Enclosed is a pool pass application along with a listing of rules and guidelines for use of Woodburn's pools. Please make certain that each member of your household reviews and understands the rules, as you will be expected to signify their acceptance of these rules and your agreement to abide by them. Failure to abide by the rules will lead to persons being asked to leave the swimming pool area. Repeated infraction of pool rules can result in season-long cancellation of pool privileges and/or other charges.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OWNER
Please complete the unit occupancy/swimming pool pass application and return it to the office by Friday, April 27 th .
If you are a new owner and have not checked in with the Association office, you must bring a copy of your settlement statement. You cannot be issued a pool pass unless we have received a copy of your settlement statement and the owner information form is completed and submitted to the office or if your payments of all fees and/or charges are not current.
IF YOU ARE A RENTER
Please complete the unit occupancy/swimming pool application form and return it to the Association office along with a copy of your current lease agreement by Friday, April 27 th. (Even if the Association office already has a copy, YOU MUST ATTACH ANOTHER CURRENT COPY.) The owner(s) of your unit will be sent a copy of your application form. Swimming pool passes will not be distributed until the Association office receives these items.
The birth dates (not just ages) of persons under the age of 21 must be listed accurately. If there are questions about the ages of any of the children listed on the swimming pool pass application form, you may be required to provide proof of age before passes will be issued.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT LEASING AND OCCUPANCY GUIDELINES ARE IN EFFECT. THOSE SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS AND/OR LEASE AGREEMENTS THAT ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THOSE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE ISSUED SWIMMING POOL PASSES AND OTHER ACTIONS MAY FOLLOW.
Applications received by Friday, April 27 h will be delivered to the unit the week of May 14 ` h. Applications received after the start of the pool season will take approximately three (3) days to process and deliver. Lifeguards will not distribute pool passes and no one will be admitted into the swimming pool without a pass.
There will be a $10.00 charge for replacement passes (for lost, stolen or destroyed passes).
Our swimming pool contractor is Palm Pools Corporation. We are looking forward to a great summer and a fun season at the swimming pool!
THE CONDOMINIUMS AT WOODBURN
2007 SWIMMING POOL RULES & REGULATIONS
Use of pool facilities is at your own risk. Neither The Condominiums at Woodburn Association (the pool owner), nor Management assumes any responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from use of these facilities. While using the pool facilities, you agree that in consideration of the benefit of pool use, you will make no claim against either the pool owner or management for any injury incurred or loss sustained to your persons or property.
Please note that these rules are intended to help make use of the pool both enjoyable and as safe as possible for all pool patrons. Your full cooperation with the pool staff and your adherence to all of the rules will go a long way in making that possible. Thank you and enjoy the pool!
THE CONDOMINIUMS AT WOODBURN BOARD OF DIRECTORS, MANAGEMENT AND STAFF
SWIMMING POOL HOURS
11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Adult swim ONLY from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - during this time no one under the age of 18 may be in the pool area.
For information about swimming lessons, speak with one of the pool staff. The management office does NOT coordinate swim lessons.
SWIMMING POOL CLOSING
l. At the discretion of pool operator on duty, the pool may be closed due to mechanical difficulties, weather conditions, or for safety reasons.
2. In the event of thunderstorms, the pool will close. It will reopen one (1) hour after the storm ends, or at the discretion of the operator on duty.
3. When the pool closes for any reason, the operator on duty will post a sign on the outside of the pool entrance indicating the likely time the pool will reopen.
1. Swimming pool passes will not be issued for residents of units that are not current with condominium fees or who are out of compliance with covenants, occupancy or leasing guidelines, and passes may be revoked if fees are not kept current or for non-adherence to condominium rules, policies and/or bylaws.
2. ALL RESIDENTS, REGARDLESS OF AGE MUST HAVE A SWIMMING POOL PASS IN ORDER TO USE THE FACILITIES.
3. Only Woodburn residents and dm* accompanied guests may use the swimming pool facilities. Residents may facilitate guests purchasing temporary passes from the office and guests of residents may then attend the pool unaccompanied by a resident PROVIDED THEY MEET ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS.
4. To enter the swimming pool, all residents MUST present their valid swimming pool pass and sign in on the Daily Register. The lifeguard will hold each swimming pool pass and return the swimming pool pass to the appropriate parry upon departure. Swimming pool passes are NOT TRANSFERABLE.
5. At any one time, residents of each unit may bring no more than two (2) guests free of charge. Unless special arrangements are made with the office, residents of any single unit may bring additional guests, up to a maximum of 4 persons, at a cost of $5.00 per person. During normal business hours, seven (7) day passes are available from the office for a discounted rate of $25.00.
6. Residents are responsible for their guests and will be held liable for damage to property caused by their guests.
7. Use of swimming pool facilities when the swimming pool is closed is strictly forbidden and violators can be prosecuted for trespassing as well as face suspension of swimming pool and other privileges.
8. All patrons must enter the swimming pool through the bathhouse.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Persons with inflamed eyes, coughs, skin abrasions, bandages, or those appearing to have colds or other infections will be denied admission to the swimming pool.
2. Spitting, blowing of noses and all other excretory functions are prohibited in the swimming pool. Those failing to comply will be asked to leave the swimming pool area for a period of time to be determined by pool staff and management and are also subject to covenants violation charges and/or for covering costs associated with cleaning and/or maintenance.
3. All persons entering the pool must wear appropriate swimming attire. Street clothes are not permitted nor are micro-bathing suits, thongs, etc. Children in diapers or incontinent adults MUST wear tight-fitting rubber pants over the diaper. Any patrons causing the pool to become unsanitary for any reason will be assessed costs associated with restoring proper sanitary operation and any related covenants charges.
4. Before entering the water, swimming pool patrons must shower using soap and water.
5. Diving from the pool's sides is prohibited, except at the, deep end of the pool and only where water is at least seven (7) feet deep.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the pool area. Violators and those found to be under the influence of alcohol will be ejected.
7. All glass containers are banned from the pool area.
9. Patrons must dispose of all trash in trashcans, and cigarettes must be deposited in ash cans.
10. Radios and other music devices must be kept at a low volume to avoid disturbing other pool patrons. If someone complains, it is too loud and must be turned down.
11. Abusive language and the use of profanity are not permitted in the pool area.
12. Running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing and other horseplay or disturbances of any kind are prohibited.
13. Pets are not permitted in the pool area.
14. With prior permission and at the discretion of the operators on duty, kickboards and similar approved equipment may be permitted in the lap lanes only .
15. Failure to obey these rules or other instructions issued by the operator on duty can result in indefinite suspension of pool privileges.
1. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for the safety and proper supervision of their children and are cautioned not to allow children to become over fatigued. In addition, parents/guardians of children under the age of twelve (12) may not sign children in and then leave the pool area, but must stay with their child at the pool.
2. Children eleven (11) and under must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. Patrons must be twelve (12) or older to enter the pool area without adult supervision.
3. Responsible adults must be 18 or older and must sign in with the operator on duty as the child's guardian for the duration of the child's stay at the pool. Should the operator on duty determine that any responsible adult is not fully supervising the child; both the child and responsible adult may be required to leave the pool area.
4. Other than parents or legal guardians, a responsible adult may supervise no more than 2 (two) children at a time.
5. Unaccompanied patrons between 12 and 18 may be required to demonstrate to the operator on duty, their proficiency in the water. Should the operator determine it might be unsafe for an individual to be unsupervised, adult supervision may be required.
6. Children using the wading pool must be accompanied and directly supervised by a parent, guardian or responsible adult at all times and no one over the age of 6 is appropriate for the wading pool.
7. Floatation devices designed to aid young children in becoming proficient in the water are permitted PROVIDED that (a) a parent or guardian is in the water with the child at all times, (b) the operator on duty has been apprised of the situation prior to them entering the water, and (c) the floatation device is securely attached to the child and is unlikely to become accidentally deflated. No other toys or flotation devices are permitted in the main pool including rings, balls, and other "toys", tubes, boats, floating mattresses, etc. The operator on duty has the sole discretion to determine what devices, such as noodles or lightweight "beach balls," are appropriate in the pool and when.